The past couple years, God has thrown some curveballs our way and I haven't always been the person I want to be or should be when I react to God's pitches. One morning last summer, I woke up and realized that I had lost sight of myself and who I am. I had taken it upon myself to try and control my life when what I really needed to do was to trust and put my faith in God. Recently, I decided to make some serious changes in my life to get myself back on track with God. I made a checklist describing the kind of person I want to be in order to hold myself accountable. I read my list often and try and evaluate how I am doing and what things I need to work on. I thought I would share my list with you:
I want to be positive and lift my friends and family up.
I want to be proud of who I am and what I stand for.
I want to teach my child to be kind through my example.
I want to be a loving wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt and friend.
I want to remember that physical beauty fades and that it is about what is inside that counts.
I want to laugh A LOT.
I want to be a good friend.
I want to have good friends.
I want to encourage those around me.
I want to not be envious of others.
I want to use kind and polite words when speaking to or about others.
I want to wake up everyday and thank God that I am alive.
I want to pray with my family and friends.
I want to turn to the Lord for comfort, support and encouragement.
I want to be a good person.
I want to make a contribution to society.
I want to let go of insignificant hang-ups and materialistic needs.
I want to share smiles.
I want to forget and forgive.
I want to teach my child to have empathy for the less fortunate.
I want to ALWAYS be thankful for what I have in my life.
I want to hug and kiss the ones I love A LOT.
I want to touch the hearts of those I meet.
I want to share Jesus with those that don't know Him.
I want to dance and play everyday.
I want to remember not to dwell on what isn't.
I want to let go of the past.
And Finally...
I want to love HARD, smile ALWAYS and laugh OFTEN!!!
Now what do you want to do??????? I challenge you to make your own list!
This is great! So happy for you! I will have to think of my list...
ReplyDelete1. Less pressure: on myself, on my husband, and on my kids. In simple words: learn to CHILL!
ReplyDelete2. Read for pleasure (People Magazine not counting)
3. Learn to properly use my camera.
4. Run my 1st 5K. I've walked plenty of them; now it's time for this girl to step it up!
5. Increase my cooking abilities. No more same old-same old