When I held my son for the first time, all bets were off and I realized that I would be wearing my heart on the outside of my body for the rest of my life because he WAS my heart. I never knew I could feel such sweet and unconditional love and that one little person could bring so much meaning to everyday life. From the day I found out I was pregnant, Connor has been my world and being his mommy is the biggest honor in the world. I am blessed to be able to call him my son.
This past Easter, Kieran and I watched the Passion of the Christ for the second time ever. This was the first time I have watched it as a mother myself, and I found myself weeping even harder than I had the first time, when I thought of Mary and the pain and agony she must have felt watching her son be crucified. I can't even begin to imagine how excruciatingly difficult it was to witness her son's death, but she endured it with pure grace all because of the love she had for her son and and her undying faith in God. Mary was never selfish. She accepted her calling and her son's calling. She never questioned Jesus' role in our salvation even though it meant she would have to experience utter heartbreak on that dreadful Friday. Mary reminds me that being a mother is one of life's most precious gifts and that it should never be taken for granted. We have a responsibility as mothers to teach our children of God's love through our example of faith and perseverance. Not only must we talk the talk, but we have to walk the walk.
When I think of my own mother, I think of a strong woman who has taught her children never to give up and to always look to the Lord for guidance to life's trials. She has always been an example to us of what it means to be a faithful servant. Her faith inspires me to trust in God's greater plan and to never question His love for me and my family. Thank you Mom for being a great teacher!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMeW_z7ycvQ&feature=related
Gentle Woman
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with you.
Blessed are you among women and blest is the fruit of your womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of death. Amen
Gentle woman, quiet light, morning star, so strong and bright
Gentle mother, peaceful dove, teach us wisdom, teach us love.
You were chosen by the Father, you were chosen for the Son.
You were chosen from all women, and for woman, shining one.
Blessed are you among women, blest in turn all women too.
Blessed are they with peaceful spirits, blessed are they with gentle hearts.
please ignore silly video pictures and just enjoy the words to the song!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful. Your faith is such an inspiration.
ReplyDelete